Friday, June 1, 2007

Happy Meal Treats


I made these for my son's birthday party at school. I have heard of so many moms making them for treats, but have never seen one myself. I used a sandwich cake cookie for the bun http://simplycooking-for5.blogspot.com/2007/03/sandwich-cookies.html , chocolate icing from a can for the burger, marshmallow fondant for the ketchup, mustard and lettuce. The french fries are shoestring potato chips. And, a juice box was good enough for a drink because it didn't need to be refrigerated. I also wrapped the burger in yellow tissue paper. If I would have had more time, I would have written hamburger on the tissue paper, but I don't think the kids cared. It was a great success! My son loves the extra attention from the teachers when they see my creations.

1 comment:

Ginene said...

oh my goodness these are the cutest!!! I need to try and make this!